Letter from the Board:
We hope that this email finds everyone in good health. Everyone was caught in this once in a lifetime event, and we appreciate your patience. Centex has been monitoring directions from Governor Abbott, Bell County, the City of Temple, Capitol Area Youth Soccer, WDDOA, and the South Texas Youth Soccer Association. We have reached the point where we cannot play the 2020 spring season. This decision was a difficult one, made with the health and well-being of our players, coaches and parents in mind.
1. The Spring 2020 soccer season was suspended after the date we are required to register recreational players and teams with our sanctioning bodies.
2. Centex will provide vouchers to each player that registered and paid for the 2020 spring season. This voucher will cover the registration fee for the player to play either the Fall 2020 or the Spring 2021 recreational season. However, if you would like to not use the voucher and donate the money back to Centex Soccer Club, this would also be appreciated.
3. Centex was responsible to pay fees to CAYSA, STYSA, insurance payments, and other operational costs. We will be required to pay all these fees again for the fall 2020 season . So it will be necessary to use what funds are available to operate, while honoring all the vouchers.
4. New uniforms (jersey) will be issued to all players in August.
5. There will be no refunds given, other than those already issued under our normal refund policy prior to March 1.
6. For those players born in 2010, that are looking to play Select soccer (11U), please pre-register now on the Centex website. We will look at providing a discounted fee as well.
Ron is currently on furlough from the club, and the office is temporarily closed. Registration will begin shortly and extend through August 1. We will have 2 different links to use for sign-ups for those returning and wishing to use vouchers. We appreciate everyone's help in getting through this difficult situation.
See you at the Crossroads Complex fields in August!